I am originally from South Carolina, but lived in North Carolina for the first three years of my military active duty career. The last five years have been spent in the Maryland/DC area. I’m so glad to be once again living in North Carolina…this feels like home to me.
This week I was constantly reminded of what I love about North Carolina:
1. On two separate occasions: Elderly women were invited to go to the front of the grocery line.
2. That my daughter can sing about Jesus at the top of her lungs in a store, and people often smile and think that’s cute.
3. That secular radio stations play gospel music for several hours during the weekday mornings. A great way to start my day!
That I spend more time living, and less time in my car and waiting in traffic.
4. That people go out of their way to open the door when you are entering a public building.
5. Where are you from? What are the things that you like about your city, town or state?