It’s April Fools Day and I have no prank, though in the minds of many I am foolish for believing in a God that was born in a manger, performed miracles, died on a rugged cross, and then rose again from the dead. As I reflect on the life of my Savior Jesus, I’m reminded of the price that he paid to set me free. He is my merciful and gracious savior. For me he died, and yet he had all power to raise himself up again.
I think about the devout women who ran to his tomb in their suffering and grief, only to find it empty. The angel spoke,
“You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here…Go tell his disciples and Peter. He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you (Mark 16:6-7).”
These few short verses are packed with truths concerning our wonderful Savior Jesus:
- He is not dead. He has risen and even right now he is speaking on behalf of those who place their trust in him.
- He is the one who restores. After Peter denied him three times, the angle reminded the women that Jesus is love and he stands with open arms to call his children back home.
- Jesus’ word is dependable and true. The women should go to Galilee because Jesus will meet them there just like he said. Jesus is the living word of God. All truth of the Bible is found in him.
He lived, he died, and he rose again, so that we might be restored to a proper relationship with God. If there was any other way to connect to the one and only, true and living God, Jesus would not have died.
Some people do not believe the Bible. Others only believe parts of it, but the entire Bible is true whether humans believe it or not. The truth of life and the message of the gospel which saves us are found only in it. Some may call me a fool, but I’ll be foolish enough to believe that!
What are your reflections on Jesus this month?
© Natasha S. Robinson 2011
You may also like:
3 thoughts on “I AM NO FOOL!”
Great Post. I love the way scripture confirms every belief you have. I would rather believe and be right than not believe and be wrong. 99 and a half won’t do.
As you know, I was passed up for promotion today. It was humilating, horrible and humbling. I literally almost lost my religion!
It was when I was at my weakest that Jesus confirmed the following:
1. Life is not fair, but He is in control.
2. He is the true comforter and His peace is only one prayer away.
3. The true meaning of grace. I made sure to sincerely congratulate all colleagues that did promote.
4. Who I truly am. I am not a job title in corporation XYZ. I am God’s servant, friend, ambassador,and child.
Thank you for reminding this “fool” to remember the truth!
God is in control. God provides us comfort. God is our peace. God hears and answers the prayers of his children. God’s grace is sufficient. These are important truths and tough lessons for all of his servants to continually learn as he conforms us to his likeness.