I have been thinking about what “A Sista’s Journey” is going to look like this year. After blogging for approximately 1 ½ years, it is interesting to see what God is teaching me, how he continues to stretch me, and how important it is to draw near to him in community with other believers.
I currently have the opportunity to grow in several communities. I have friends and of course, I’m in a blogging community with you. I am also apart of a Sunday School small group, women’s mentoring leadership team, and Christian women’s writing community just to name a few areas of connection. Concerning small groups and community, I recently reviewed an article which stated, “A church’s purpose for small groups and their people’s reasons for attending must match for small groups to work.” I believe that and have similar feelings about the blog community.
You can trust that I will continue to share the gospel, point people to the Holy Bible, address topics that challenge the Church and culture. You can also rest assure that I will continue to share what God is teaching me through books, seminary, ministry, and life experiences. My purpose in blogging here is to share the good news of Jesus, encourage you in your walk with the Lord, and provide tools for you to inspire, lead, and mentor others to do the same. I hope, as a by-product, that my writing will improve and we have some wonderful conversations.
I want my purpose for blogging to connect with your reason for reading this blog. I was so excited to read my “WordPress End of Year Blog Summary”! This blog was viewed 15K times in 2011! The most popular post continues to be: Hot Topic: A Way Up for African American Boys and the most commented post is Hot Topic: I Go To Church With White People. Clearly, people want to talk more about race. I welcome honest dialog, and we will definitely be doing more of that.
Here’s What You Can Look Forward to in 2012:
1. Discussions About Race: Follow this theme closely in the next couple months with the opening of Red Tails movie and Black History Month.
2. Leadership and Mentoring: a consistent theme concerning ministry and seminary studies.
3. Expanding Natasha’s Study: Introducing and recommending more books. Hope to engage in lively book discussions. Do you have any recommendations? What topics do you want to talk about?
4. Promoting Unity of the Spirit: I will like to introduce guest writers from diverse backgrounds so that we call all learn from each other.
5. Challenge: I have a challenge for us this year and will tell you more about it next week. It’s exciting and I hope God can work mightily through us as we surrender to his will.
So, what are you looking for at A Sista’s Journey this year? I would love to align my purposes for writing and your purpose for reading.
© Natasha S. Robinson 2012