If you are still looking for a gift for that special graduate, I endorse my friend, Judy Douglass, book entitled, “Letters to My Children: Secrets of Success.” This book is the perfect gift. The small size makes it an admirable choice to include in gift bags or slip into the totes of those going off to college.
Through her 11 Secrets that are SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely), Judy shares specific pearls of wisdom from the Bible that we all need to revisit time and time again. She challenges readers to consistently commit to God’s will noting that “it is your own daily series of personal choices that leads to success or lack of success.” Her words are real and the time to apply them is now.
Here is a quick snapshot of Judy’s proverbs:
1. Consistent success in life requires consistent hard work. Although hard work is not the only secret of success, the lack of hard work almost always guarantees failure (13).
2. As great as it is to be financially successful or to achieve your goals, it is far more valuable to have a good reputation and earn the trust and respect of people. If that is to happen, you must show honesty and integrity (37).
3. Without self-control, you will not be able to make the hard choices for a positive future (25).
4. The Bible instructs you to take responsibility for what you do or don’t do (11).
5. Dreams rarely come true if you don’t plan to make them happen (18).
Order a copy of this book for your graduate or beloved child today: http://goo.gl/PTJqh