Christianity Today’s Gifted for Leadership is an online resource and community for women with leadership gifts. They provide tools which encourage, challenge, and unite women leaders and hold to the following philosophy:
We believe that people who have the spiritual gift of leadership are called to lead, not for their own benefit, but for the sake of nurturing the body of Christ. Women with leadership gifts, as with all gifts, are obligated to use those gifts in the ways and the places God has called them to. We are committed to speaking with these values:
- Biblical truth—We always look at leadership issues through a biblical lens.
- Reality—We are realistic about the issues, struggles, challenges, opportunities, and joys women leaders face.
- Honesty—We are committed to addressing reality with honesty and without apology.
- Redemption—We express ourselves without bitterness. When speaking from personal pain, we point to hope and healing—even if our healing process is incomplete. This is not a forum for mere arguments or expressions of personal anguish.
- Love—We care about women in leadership and want to make personal connections with them.
- Equipping—We help women get better, and more confident, in what they do.
- Encouragement—We want women to feel good about the gifts God has given them, and we help them see how they can use those gifts. We love and root for the church and its people.
- Challenge—We challenge women to use their leadership gifts, pursue spiritual growth, and think deeply.
- Unity—We help women rise above the arguments and judgments about where they should lead. Instead, we agree that we are all obligated to use our gifts in the ways God has called us to do so.
(All information provided courtesy of Gifted for Leadership.)
If you are a woman leader or know a woman leader, I encourage you to follow and share this invaluable resource. Website: GiftedForLeadership.com, Twitter @GFLblog, and Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/giftedforleadership/
Currently, Gifted for Leadership blog is running a fabulous series on the “calling’ of Leadership. They recently published my article, Answering the Call of God: It’s All About Alignment and Anointing.
I remember my call to leadership. How did you know when you were called by God to lead?